[wp-hackers] Multiple versions of same install independently running on same server

Hydrostarr lists.automattic.com--wp-hackers at hydrostarr.com
Sun Mar 11 20:57:12 UTC 2012

Thanks Mike.  Good to know WP -can- support multiple, independent
installs on same server.  Now just need to figure out how to do it.

Re: the "relative to root" debate:  interesting.  Good to know, and thx
for the executive summary, saves significant research time.

Re: stock Ubuntu install:  fwiw, we don't use the actual /var/www code
from 'apt-get install wordpress'.  We simply "re-clone" (via 'git clone'
with some database changes as perviously mentioned) our working code set
from various dev servers/platforms (including Windows) and are running
WP 3.3.x.  We employ 'apt-get install wordpress' primarily to
auto-install all the dependencies that WP uses (Apache, mysql, php, etc)
easily.  Appropriate?

(http://wordpress.org/download/)