[wp-hackers] Why no automatic database upgrade?

Brian Layman wp-hackers at thecodecave.com
Thu Jul 26 14:46:31 UTC 2012

I've had upgrades take 8 hour to process - and that was after hacking
the core to remove a step that would have made it take days.  But this
is a rarer huge multisite install.  As long as there is a constant that
can be defined to turn off the auto upgrade, this would be cool.

When I update the installs on my servers, its done by batch script
iterating the cpanel information.  It then calls the upgrade screens via
wget.

Brian Layman