[wp-hackers] Unit Testing

Stas Sușcov stas at nerd.ro
Thu Jan 26 22:02:57 UTC 2012

În data de Thu, 26 Jan 2012 23:50:00 +0200, Wojtek Szkutnik
<wojtek.szkutnik at gmail.com> a scris:

> I don't follow your point - I know exactly what's the coverage of these -
> hence my question about specific parts of code that developers think
> should
> be covered first. Since I'm looking for interesting projects for GSoC
> this
> year, it seems like a pretty valid question to me.
>
> I think that we should improve the coverage of the existing unit tests
> first, rather than take on JS tests and have another semi-finished
> feature.
> But this will probably be discussed at least a few more times.
>
> cheers,

My point is that GSoC is not and should never be used for the scope of
writing tests and only that.

In fact, I doubt that its a good idea to advertise yourself on wp-hackers
as only being able to write tests, which leaves the impression that you
are not able to produce anything else but test others code.