[wp-hackers] Are depreciated items ever removed from core

CloudPress Hosting cloudpresshosting at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 03:37:30 UTC 2012

I was looking at using my-hacks.php I have a very specific use-case where I
need to write a mu-plugin but I cannot have it in wp-content wither the
other plugins. I am hosting sites for clients and they have access to
wp-content to manage their own plugins, themes, ect. I need to add
functionality where they cannot access the code. I considered writing an
mu-plugin which just includes another file outside of wp-content where the
actual code would reside but I don't want the clients removing it. I was
just going to hack core to include a file in the root WordPress directory
where all the plugins are loaded and saw the reference to my-hacks. At
least until that gets taken out all together I can avoid hacking core I
figured and just was wondering what the chances of it being removed are.