[wp-hackers] Redactor WYSIWYG Editor for WP

Stas Sușcov stas at nerd.ro
Thu Aug 2 22:45:59 UTC 2012

În data de Fri, 03 Aug 2012 01:16:07 +0300, Mike Schinkel
<mike at newclarity.net> a scris:

> On Aug 2, 2012, at 6:08 PM, Andrew Ozz wrote:
>> I like it too. However it's far from being ready for anything more than
>> comments/bbPress editor. Been following several jQuery based editors,
>> all have little more than the default browser contentEditable
>> functionality.
>>
>> This one is definitely more polished than most but still lacks a lot of
>> things. For example: no plugins, no way to extend it other than hack
>> into it, very minimal APIs, try copying and pasting something from
>> another browser tab, then look at the HTML. And a big one: no undo/redo
>> for all actions?
>
> Totally hypothetical question: Assuming they changed their license to be
> compatible with WordPress, would people in the WordPress community be
> willing to contribute to Redactor to improve on the limitations that you
> mention?

I don't see this as a fair question.
Why people from WordPress, why not Drupal, or... any other CMS/blogging
engine.

Fixing Andrew's list of missing features, doesn't necessarily mean
WordPress will bundle it in core.