[wp-hackers] Permalink Structure - Performance vs. SEO

Alexander Concha alex at buayacorp.com
Tue Jun 14 14:14:30 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Lynne Pope <lynne.pope at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:30 AM, Christopher Ross <cross at thisismyurl.com>wrote:
>

>>  .... the position of the SEO friendly text in a permalink doesn't matter
>> and the least number of SQL calls are generated by putting the ID first.
>>

> Unfortunately, the best performance isn't always matched with
> user-friendliness. The best URL's are URL's that are relevant and that
> people can remember. An URL of
> http://example.com/123456789/now-here-comes-the-slug  *might* be search
> engine friendly but it sure isn't human friendly.

In my opinion, the presence of an ID does not matter anymore when
speaking of human friendliness.
I do not have any statistics, but I think there are many more users
using search engines to find (again) some specific content than people
who "like" to remember urls to type them directly.
--
Alexander Concha
http://www.buayacorp.com