[wp-hackers] Hybrid WP mobile apps

Alex Hempton-Smith hempsworth at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 10:13:21 UTC 2011

There's nothing stopping development of a HTML5 web-app as a plugin, which
would effectively give a mobile version of the admin panel - you would just
visit the admin panel via your phones browser. Then, if it becomes good
enough, it could be merged into core.

There certainly are issues surrounding the access to phone hardware via a
web app though, so maybe the hybrid approach of a native app using web-views
within it would work.

This is what Facebook does for its iPhone app - the activity stream is
actually a web-view.

- - - -
Kind regards,
Alex Hempton-Smith