[wp-hackers] Hybrid WP mobile apps

Dan Roundhill dan at automattic.com
Mon Jul 11 09:37:23 UTC 2011

Access to the camera is a pretty big deal, mostly the reason that the current native apps exist right now.  If you can't upload an image from your device that would be a huge loss to the user.  I have seen support for accessing files from the mobile browser in Android, so hopefully other platforms will support this soon as well.

Maybe we could start developing the HTML5 version as development continues with the native apps, then potentially switch over if the web app becomes more awesome than the native experience?