[wp-hackers] add_post_meta won't save unescaped data. Why?

Baki Goxhaj banago at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 08:28:36 UTC 2011

Thanks for pointing that out Dion.

However, even though it expects slashed meta_key, it saves the key as it is
given. At the same time it does not save the $meta_value at all unless it is
escaped. Is stripslashes_deep() causing that?

45 <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-includes/meta.php#L45>
      // expected_slashed
($meta_key)46<http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-includes/meta.php#L46>
      $meta_key =
stripslashes($meta_key);47<http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-includes/meta.php#L47>
      $meta_value = stripslashes_deep($meta_value);
Kindly,

Baki Goxhaj
www.wplancer.com | www.banago.info | proverbhunter.com