[wp-hackers] is this a bug?

Rich Pedley elfin at elfden.co.uk
Thu Nov 18 16:32:18 UTC 2010

On 18/11/2010 15:57, Jacob Santos wrote:
> The problem is that it has to be used everywhere for it to be of any
> benefit. It might be better however to just standardize on the '/' which is
> used for the plugins and themes directory.

Yeah, can we blame Windows ;)

Currently I think all these would be affected for my set up:

$theme_loc = str_replace(WP_CONTENT_DIR, '', $theme_root);

$theme_roots[$stylesheet] = str_replace( WP_CONTENT_DIR, '',
$theme_root );

'Theme Root URI' => str_replace( WP_CONTENT_DIR, content_url(),
$theme_root ),

because of the difference:
E:\htdocs\wpbeta\wp-content
&
E:\htdocs\wpbeta/wp-content

Though obviously it is a fairly rare scenario, and will only crop up
for someone using something like __FILE__ to identify their directory
in the plugin.

Though shouldn't plugin authors be using WP_PLUGIN_DIR instead...

(which I will suggest is used).

Rich