[wp-hackers] is this a bug?

Mark McWilliams admin at wpkid.com
Thu Nov 18 16:43:16 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rich Pedley" <elfin at elfden.co.uk>
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2010 4:32 PM
Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] is this a bug?

> Though obviously it is a fairly rare scenario, and will only crop up for
> someone using something like __FILE__ to identify their directory in the
> plugin.
>
> Though shouldn't plugin authors be using WP_PLUGIN_DIR instead...
>
> (which I will suggest is used).

The reason in which we're (or rather JJJ) is using __FILE__ to identify the
directory in which the plugin is located is in relation to
http://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/1333 which led to
http://trac.bbpress.org/changeset/2566 so if you want to stick the plugin
files into /top-secret-blah-blah-blah/ or just something different from like
/forum/ you can. BuddyPress currently has /buddypress/ hardcoded, but who
knows? Anyway, though I'd let you know about that Rich! :)

Thanks
Mark