[wp-hackers] Comments automatically being marked as spam

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri May 21 21:08:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 7:02 AM, Jean-Nicolas Kuttler
<wp-hackers at nicolaskuttler.de> wrote:
>> Yes, actually, I'd kinda sorta bet you are.
>
> I think a few thousand weekly downloaders would disagree with you:
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/tag/cookie
>
> CookieMonster for me btw.

Drop in the bucket.

The fact is that virtually nothing works on the web without cookies
any more. Most of these "cookie blockers" I've seen know that. All
they really do is turn permanent cookies into session based cookies
for non-whitelisted sites. And that's good enough, because it's not
like I need the cookie to last a year when the comment is only in the
next minute or so.

-Otto