[wp-hackers] Bug in wp_mail

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Mon Feb 22 06:53:00 UTC 2010

In this case, there are three ways to make changes to wp_mail(). One, is
using the by-reference 'phpmailer_init' action that Peter suggested before.
Two, there are separate filters for filtering the from e-mail and name
(wp_mail_from and wp_mail_from_name) -- that'll probably interest you in
this specific case. Three, the entire wp_mail() function is "pluggable" and
therefore you can re-define it in a plugin.

You could create a ticket for a feature request on
http://core.trac.wordpress.org to perhaps suggest a "Test e-mail" link next
to the admin email box in general options, that would send an email to that
address. Beyond that the core developers strongly dislike extra unnecessary
options, particularly those that can be handled by a plugin. I could see
that as being potentially useful.