[wp-hackers] Bug in wp_mail

James geniosity at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 06:21:02 UTC 2010

> Ron Guerin wrote:
> >
> > I thought about doing something like this myself, but I feel using
> > plugins to fix bugs in WordPress is really not a solution, it's
> > avoidance of the problem.  Every new copy of WP that gets installed is a
> > new opportunity for the bug to manifest itself, and only further
> > encourages people to ignore mail coming from buggy webapps running on
> > their web servers.
> >

> Further, the users who should be getting this mail, but are not, will
> likely never know they're not getting it.  Surely we're not going to
> defend _that_.
>
> - Ron

Wow, somebody else actually has my problem.

Is there ANY way to make this an option on the dashboard (under the admin
email?) You could even put a warning if the domain in the email address
differs from the blog's domain, saying that if checked (to use the admin
email address as the sender/from address), this might cause mails not to be
delivered.

But either way, being able to change the details so that the mail doesn't
arrive as coming from "wordpress@" would be nice.

--
<http://www.geniosity.co.za/>