[wp-hackers] XML-RPC anonymous comments wordpress.com

Senica Gonzalez senica at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 05:44:24 UTC 2010

Yeah, this was a wordpress.com issue.

Does anyone know who/where I would argue my case at?

As far as trackbacks go...they don't have to be automated.  They can be
negotiated manually as well causing spam on blogs (as I found out today).
 To say that spammers won't use trackbacks for spamming just because they
are "suppose" to be automated...well, sort of like saying thieves won't
break into windows.

I like standards, I really do.  But to deny comments because a policy says
that how it is suppose to be and allow trackbacks which provide the same
functionality that a spammer needs....just kind of silly.