[wp-hackers] get_last_updated Deprecated

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Mon Aug 30 21:00:27 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Thomas Belknap <dragonfly at dragonflyeye.net
> wrote:

> I thought I'd read something about this on this list, but I tried searching
> the archives and came up with bupkis. Probably substandard searching skilz,
> I'm sure...
>
> It looks like get_last_updated is marked to be deprecated soon. Is there a
> function meant to replace this functionality in 3.0? Seems like the kind of
> thing you'd want and certainly I do.
>
> In fact, looking at ms-blogs.php, I really don't see anything that allows
> us
> to return a list of current blogs at all? Sorry, I'm just so used to the
> wpmu-functions.php list that I'm probably just lost.

Only the first argument for get_last_updated() is deprecated.

get_blog_list() was deprecated for being suicidal. The queries it generated
were death for any scaled MU implementation. This has been discussed in a
few other instances -- try searching the wp-hackers archives or
core.trac.wordpress.org.