[wp-hackers] [GSoC2010] Dashboard “Setup Completion” Module
bmbalex at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 05:53:01 UTC 2010
While thinking about this topic that seems to be easy at the begining,
it has a lot of details that needs atention.
Here are listed few thoughts:
- when user login in admin panel, he well see in the dashboard setup
- module knows a list of arranged "steps" that user has to do to
- each time when dashboard is visualized - module check which "steps"
wasn't done, and give hint to do it
- if step is more specific, or require some detailed explanation, or
title is not enough suggestive - module will output also some brief
description (also it can have link to documented page about those
- also this module is not only about configuration setting, but also
about : how and where to write first post, add one category, delete
- user can choose to edit proposed by "step" configuration right in
the module (even if this is user friendly, next time user will not from
which page is configuration)
- user can skip/delete some steps which he thinks that are unnecessary
for his blog (here the same, he could misunderstand some "step", or just
ignore this - and he will not know how to configure his blog)
- other plugins can send to this module additional "steps" which will
involve configuration of those modules (module API or when other plugins
will be installed - it will grab information from them specifically
destinated for this module).
- at the begging to have ability to choose level of guidance: basic
(only few steps), normal, full...
what do you think about this? any comment will be apreciated!
More information about the wp-hackers