[wp-hackers] WPMU gets b*tch-slapped on DreamHost

Anthony Cole lists at freshpacific.co.nz
Sun May 31 07:53:30 GMT 2009

Not to mention that DreamHost used to always give out a year of free
hosting at WordCamp SF (not sure if it's still on as I haven't gone in
two years).

I've never liked them, and this just solidifies that point. You can't
run a business like that and expect to keep good customers. It's
either a really good marketing gimmick to get stupid people to move
onto their more expensive products (and raise profit margins) or the
absolute stupidity of whoever is running DreamHost.

I wonder what they're going to do now that MU and core are merging. In
theory, any WordPress install would have to be put on a VPS.

-ac