[wp-hackers] grepping for relevant functions/lines

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 12:51:28 GMT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:20 AM, Maggi Federico
<federico.maggi at gmail.com> wrote:
> The functions/lines I am interested in are those somehow involved in
> handling HTTP request/session/response parameters. Of course, I allow a
> certain roughness in the analysis.
>
> I am trying to build a list of such functions/lines. What would you suggest
> to include? What would you grep for if you want to estimate the functions
> that are, even indirectly, related to processing of HTTP
> requests/sessions/responses?

Until version 2.7, WordPress mostly used a mixture of direct
fsockopen, remote fopen, and curl calls and methods of the Snoopy
class (found in wp-includes/class-snoopy.php).

Since 2.7 WP uses the WP_Http class and related methods in wp-includes/http.php