[wp-hackers] Address and name used in notification messages

Simon Blackbourn piemanek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 18:27:05 GMT 2009

So following on from Jennifer's reply, it seems that the install screen
could have three inputs instead of the current two, with short helper text
after each:

 - Blog Title (the name of your blog)
 - Blog Email (the email address that will be used for sending notification
messages, password reminders, etc)
 - Administrator Email (the email address assigned to your administrator
user account)

Then somewhere in the Codex documentation something like: "Please ensure
that Blog Email addresses are valid. If notification messages don't get
delivered, please contact your hosting company for advice."

That way WordPress is clearly putting the onus on the hosting company for
email delivery, which is as I believe it should be, because as far as I can
tell there is in fact no 'bug' in WordPress (as is mentioned in trac ticket
5007).