[wp-hackers] Any issue with renaming _wp_unfiltered_html_comment?

Lynne Pope lynne.pope at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 17:37:18 GMT 2009

Hi all,
Does anyone know of any issue that may be caused by renaming
_wp_unfiltered_html_comment in comment-template.php, admin-ajax.php and
wp-comments-post.php to  wp_unfiltered_html_comment (without the leading
underscore)?

Any plugins that rely on this?

This is in relation to http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5120, where the
do_action can output valid XHTML/HTML if the ID is valid. Currently, the XML
style ID, using a leading underscore breaks validation.

I personally couldn't care less about this as its a trivial matter but
fixing it would stop a lot of folk from complaining that their theme isn't
validating (even though it may validate if they are not logged in).

This issue has been around for a very long time and since it hasn't been
addressed previously, I guess that might be for some reason. Like breaking
things ;)

Anyone know if any plugins rely on this ID or of other issues that could
arise?

Lynne