[wp-hackers] Settings pages

scribu scribu at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 23:16:49 GMT 2009

> You proposal only fits to WordPress running with PHP >= 5.0 and all
> installations using PHP 4 versions will not work.

Yes, I'm aware of that. Should have mentioned it upfront.

If this should become anykind of common use, that 2 potential options have
> to be clarified:
>
>   a) WordPress (Automattic) have to announce immediatly that latest with WP
> 2.9 PHP 5 will be required (mus have)
>   b) we have to ensure backward compatibility with PHP 4

Although I would love WP 2.9 to drop PHP 4 compatibilty, it's not likely.

As for the second option, I have no intention of pursuing it. There's also
the WPlize <http://wpengineer.com/wplize-a-class-for-options-in-wordpress/>class.

--
http://scribu.net