[wp-hackers] Settings pages

Heiko Rabe heiko.rabe at code-styling.de
Sat Jun 13 22:58:38 GMT 2009

scribu :
> If we're on the topic, I wrote a class that manages an array of options, as
> part of my plugin toolkit <http://scribu.net/wordpress/scb-framework>.
>
> You can see the code here:
>
> http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/scb-framework/trunk/classes/Options.php
>
> I guess I should be writing a proper tutorial for it, but I'm lazy.

You proposal only fits to WordPress running with PHP >= 5.0 and all
installations using PHP 4 versions will not work.
If this should become anykind of common use, that 2 potential options
have to be clarified:

    a) WordPress (Automattic) have to announce immediatly that latest
with WP 2.9 PHP 5 will be required (mus have)
    b) we have to ensure backward compatibility with PHP 4

I know, thats not your decision and not my but in my optinion it's
necessary to state very early that upcomming next WP versions will only
support >= PHP 5.

regards

Heiko