[wp-hackers] Plugin dependency checking

Glenn Ansley glenn at glennansley.com
Thu Jun 11 21:26:10 GMT 2009

Hey all,
I've been toying with this idea while on the phone with a client this
afternoon and I have a proof of concept I'd like to have you look at.
Please let me know what you think. Example at:
http://fullthrottledevelopment.com/creating-dependent-wordpress-plugins

SneakPeak:
   1. Copy the code at the top of hello_dolly.txt and paste it into
the top of your Hello Dolly plugin
   2. Try to activate Hello Dolly without Akismet activated.
   3. Activate Akismet and try to activate Hello Dolly
   4. Deactivate Akismet and confirm that Hello Dolly has been deactivated

Glenn Ansley
http://fullthrottledevelopment.com
http://twitter.com/full_throttle
http://twitter.com/glennansley