[wp-hackers] Plugin dependency checking

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Thu Jun 11 19:13:51 GMT 2009

I've been pondering the concept of sub-plugins lately.  There was a
discussion about such a few weeks back.  The idea is that plugins such
as Spam Karma, which has plugins of its own, could be set up so that
the Spam Karma plugins are just regular WP plugins that are
"subsidiary" to Spam Karma.

Ideally, I think, in the Manage Plugins page, Spam Karma would have a
little open/close control that would use Ajax to reveal/hide the sub-
plugins.

This same idea would work for your "dependent" plugins.  It's the same
idea, just different wording.

I may submit a patch enabling that ability.  I'm pretty sure I can do
the actual sub-plugin checking, but the Ajaxy stuff for the Admin is
outside my area....

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider