[wp-hackers] WP 2.8 "Enhanced support for custom taxonomies"

Davit Barbakadze jayarjo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 16:15:41 GMT 2009

Those links were very helpful. Thanks John!

By the way I've stumbled upon this:
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9674

"Similar to the improved support for custom taxonomies in WP 2.8, we really
need to have better support for custom post types. At the database layer,
this is completely supported, and used for things like post revision,
attachments, pages, etc. However, the administration pages used to manage
these objects (edit-page-form.php and edit-form-advanced.php for example)
contain lots of duplicated code, and do not expose any of their
functionality in a way that is re-usable by plugins, or other parts of
WordPress <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/wiki/WordPress>.

Correcting this will take a bit of work, so I'll be using this ticket to
track progress. (I'm surprised I didn't find an existing ticket for this...
if there is one, I'll use that instead)"

Awesome! :D

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 6:48 PM, John Myrstad <john.ivar.myrstad at gmail.com>wrote:

>  FYI:
>
> Justin Tadlock have been busy with 2.8 taxonomy change lately:
>

> http://justintadlock.com/archives/2009/06/04/using-custom-taxonomies-to-create-a-movie-database
>
> http://justintadlock.com/archives/2009/05/06/custom-taxonomies-in-wordpress-28
> http://justintadlock.com/archives/2009/06/09/series-wordpress-plugin
>
> John Myrstad