[wp-hackers] WP 2.8 "Enhanced support for custom taxonomies"

Davit Barbakadze jayarjo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 15:56:46 GMT 2009

Thanks for the link Joost, I've seen somewhere another plugin with same
functionality by the way. I wish someone had written those earlier :( I
still regret that I had no time to do so. Do you plan to implement something
like custom objects plugin in future? Although without proper (logical)
implementation of taxonomies themselves that could be a problem.

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 6:28 PM, Joost de Valk <joost at yoast.com> wrote:

> Sorry for dropping my own URL in here, but it's relevant I think:
>
> http://yoast.com/wordpress-custom-taxonomies/
>
> Davit Barbakadze wrote:
>
>> Hello people,
>>
>> Does anyone know what the subject ("Enhanced support for custom
>> taxonomies")
>> means in WP 2.8? I found it on "WP 2.8 What's New" list. Is a custom
>> taxonomy still strictly binded to a particular object type? I mean until
>> now
>> one had to create separate taxonomies for links and for posts, etc, even
>> if
>> they semantically belonged to the same one, let's say posts about music
>> and
>> links to music resources, or something like that. Is it still true? And
>> what
>> is meant under that "Enhanced support for custom taxonomies" after all?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> David Barbakadze
>>

> --
> *Joost de Valk*
> SEO & Web Development (Magento & WordPress)
> OrangeValley <http://www.orangevalley.nl> & Yoast <http://yoast.com>
> E: joost at orangevalley.nl <mailto:joost at orangevalley.nl> - joost at yoast.com<mailto:
> joost at yoast.com>
> T: +31624555808 | @yoast <http://twitter.com/yoast> on Twitter