[wp-hackers] How can I filter on post count for categories?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Wed Jun 3 17:56:39 GMT 2009

Olivier:

While I haven't drilled down yet to do this I think custom post types
could be a really important addition to WP either as a plugin or
better yet to core. As there are so many assumptions in WordPress that
assume "post" that doing as a plugin will be an uphill battle which is
why it would really need to be in core.  If not in core too many other
plugins won't support the notion of custom post types.

I have a plugin I'm using for custom URLs that would fits well with
custom post types. It's not yet ready to be released because it
doesn't yet have an admin console interface and also because it still
has a lot of areas where it is not robust but I have been using it
with the More Fields plugin which gives kind of a psuedo-custom post
types capability.

Anyway, the reason I email is to ask why not use More Fields because
it works albeit not using wp_posts->post_type but instead wp_postmeta-
 >option_name="mf_post_type", and also to see how many other people
are interested in a custom post types in core?

-Mike Schinkel
WordPress Custom Plugins
http://mikeschinkel.com/custom-wordpress-plugins/