[wp-hackers] Reply By Email in Self Hosted Blogs

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Wed Jul 15 18:57:41 UTC 2009

On 7/15/2009 10:39 AM, mikeschinkel at newclarity.net wrote:
> How about building interfaces so that any server could be set up to be
> the mail receiver and then admins could specify the server that will
> handle the comments? That would let anyone set up a service to do this
> and not just wordpress.com.

This is vaguely to similar to what's in core WP already, it has the
ability to check an email account and post that to a blog. Maybe that
functionality could be moved out of core into a canonical plugin and
merged with the new email processing stuff we developed on the wp.com side.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://ma.tt | http://wordpress.org | http://automattic.com