[wp-hackers] distinguish plugin options?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Jan 22 23:59:25 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 4:55 PM, Stephen Rider
<wp-hackers at striderweb.com> wrote:
> Interesting idea.  In fact, the best "automatic" one I've heard; though it sounds a
> bit intensive to run "live" on a blog.   Hmmm......

You could surely optimize it quite a bit, I feel certain. The real
problem is that update_option lacks the proper hooks to do this sort
of thing.

> Oops, except your idea won't quite work because plugins do also make calls
> or changes to core WP options.  It might be the basis for something more
> workable though.  I'll have to think about this one.

So keep a list of all the options, and if any option is ever updated
from something that is *not* a plugin, then you'll know that it's in
the core and can eliminate any checks for it.

-Otto