[wp-hackers] Set a unique directory for uploads

Mário Gamito gamito at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 23:44:58 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have this blog in WP 2.7
I usually upload my images and files to a attic directory, just above
the DocumentRoot of the site. After that, in TinyMCE, I write the URL to
the image. That's quit a waste of time.

So today, I've decided to use the upload feature. Configured the galery
path to "attic" and uploaded a few files and images for testing.

Well, it worked, but ir also created two directories above "attic": 2009
and 01. So, the total path for an image is
/home/user/public_html/attic/2009/01/image.jpg

I don't wnat this kind of red tape.

How can I make my images and file being uploaded to
/home/user/public_html/attic only ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Warm Regards,
--