[wp-hackers] Importing HTML files as pages -- been done?

Stephanie Leary steph at sillybean.net
Fri Feb 6 19:50:08 GMT 2009

On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 10:29:15 -0800, Dan Gayle <dangayle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why use PHP? DOM manipulation in jQuery is easy.

Because this isn't an operation that needs to be pushed to the client. I'm
not manipulating the DOM in order to present an altered copy to the
visitor; I'm crawling directories and preparing data for storage in the
database.

We might be working from different assumptions. I was thinking that the
files to be imported would be -- at least for my first attempt at this --
stored on the same server as the WP installation. Were you envisioning
having the user select files from their local drive?

Stephanie