[wp-hackers] More finely-grained permissions

Dino Termini dino at duechiacchiere.it
Fri Feb 6 18:08:36 GMT 2009

> Thereis a plugin that do this:

Thank you Stefano. I didn't know that plugin. Unfortunately it doesn't
solve the issue, because if you assign a post/page to a specific group,
it won't be "publicly readable" for anonymous users who visit the
website. You need to log in in order to see that post. Also, you need to
patch a couple of core files in order to make it work. What I have in
mind is slightly different: assign a group to each post (as done by this
plugin) but keep them publicly available. In other words, I don't want
to limit the readability of a post, but its "writeability" by given
group(s) of users.

This is a typical scenario in each medium/large organization using a CMS
to manager their website: department A should be allowed to edit only
pages/posts for which they are in charge, and have no rights to edit
pages&posts belonging to department B. Nonetheless all these pages/posts
should be available to the public with no authentication. Hope I made it
a little clearer what I have in mind :)

dino.