[wp-hackers] Help getting Page Title

Brian Fidler fidler.brian at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 03:27:31 GMT 2008

I'm pretty sure this is a simple one...

I am using WP for a site that is pretty traditional navigation. I'm using
pages for the navigation and I'm using child pages to generate the
subnavigation within an area.

How do I get the Parent page so that I can put it above my subnav. For
example, in my About Us section I have 5 child pages. Each child page
displays the same subnav and above the subnav I want it to say "About Us". I
tried using wp_title(''); ?> but it returns the current child page. What
should I use to return the current Parent page?

thanks.