[wp-hackers] Re: [wp-testers] Migrating plugins to 2.7

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Tue Oct 21 15:48:03 GMT 2008

On Oct 20, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Jennifer Hodgdon wrote:

> I can write it but I am not sure what needs to be written. If people
> can send suggestions to me directly or to the Hackers list, I will
> be happy to compile them into something reasonably readable. Just
> send a quick note. Here's an example:
>
> Plugin, 2.6-2.7: plugins need to register their options, see http://trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php#L800

Plugin 2.5-2.6: wp-content directory can be changed via WP_CONTENT_DIR
AND WP_CONTENT_URL
Plugin 2.5-2.6: new WP_PLUGIN_DIR replaces PLUGINDIR

I wrote an article about this a little while back:
http://striderweb.com/nerdaphernalia/2008/09/hit-a-moving-target-in-your-wordpress-plugin/

In 2.7 we need information on the changed to Admin menus in 2.7.
Also...

Plugin 2.6-2.7: new plugin_action_links_{$plugin} filter
Plugin 2.6-2.7: new after_plugin_row_{$plugin_file} filter
see: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7856> and <http://trac.wordpress.org/changeset/9124

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider