[wp-hackers] Maybe a secure-hole

Aaron D. Campbell aaron at xavisys.com
Thu Oct 9 17:05:03 GMT 2008

I agree that "Knowing the username gets you no closer to finding the
password" and I'd agree that I don't consider it a "security risk" or
"security hole."  However, I do thing that knowing the username gets you
closer to getting into the system, and that changing the default "admin"
login to something else DOES improve security.  Maybe not by a lot, but
it does.  You need a matching username/pass to get in, and if you don't
know either it will take you longer to break in by brute force than if
you have one of the two.