[wp-hackers] Re: Subscribe to Comments plugin

spencerp theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com
Sat May 10 16:42:42 GMT 2008

Alexander Beutl wrote:
> Just leave it open for your visitors to be notified or not - add a "Notify
> me" button which can be used even if you do not comment (I use this on one
> of my blogs) and don't send mail which wasn't requested to them by adding
> everyone to the subscribe list...

Alexander, my whole remark wasn't just about the comment notification
plugin, it was in general. I have this contact form
http://green-beast.com/blog/?page_id=136 currently.. and I got a spam
email through it.. I was basically saying.. IN GENERAL... no matter
what.. you get CRAP. A barbed wire fence around my stuff, with razor
wires on top like around prisons.. guard dogs and all at the bottom.. 40
anti spam plugins and stuff.. and the STUFF IS STILL getting through...
some how.. my as well take ALL possible avenues for spam to attack out
of the picture...

Remove the comment functions, remove registrations, remove email, remove
ANYTHING that allows spam to get through or leech onto.. OUT OF blogs ..
period.  Lets do it! Look at all the plugins you'd remove.. look at all
the lesser emails of spam crap you'd get.. well.. if email was gone..ya
wouldn't get any!! think of it!! No more nothing to worry about!!

Forget having users and enjoying a community software, forget having
comments, forget having contact forms, just type all your contact
informations into a page... without ANY fields for spam to get into and
spam the hell out of! It's dreamland!! Go back to ancient days.. where
ya have to inscribe it all onto stone.. and let others read it .. OR..
just type out "ways to contact you".. Awww, the wonderfulness of spammer
a-holes.. that totally ruin a persons desire to have anything online
anymore..

It's a SAD SAD VERY SAD SHAME... but, my as well do it.. it saves so
many  tables of the WP database... it saves so much grief.. it saves so
much time for the anti-spam plugin authors updating code .. that gets
by-passed anyway... aww the wonderful joy of spam... NOT! .... I'm
sorry, but I wish I could go around capping off the spammers personally..