[wp-hackers] Plugin Version Increments

Ryan McCue ryanmccue at cubegames.net
Sun May 4 01:14:30 GMT 2008

Alexander Beutl wrote:
> Because they added so much stuff that everything was broken afterwards ;-)
> just kidding but there were many changes and additions - (just think about
> the admin interface, the swf uploader, the gallery functionality, the
> shortcodes,...) that someone decided this are too many changes for a single
> subversion jump while there are not many enogh for a mayer version jump.
>
> 2008/5/3 Glenn Ansley <glenn at glennansley.com>:
>

>> Thanks these responses were helpful.
>> BTW, why did WP skip 2.4?
>>
>> On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Viper007Bond <viper at viper007bond.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> That's how I do it as well. No even or odd stuff.
>>>
>>> First = complete recode edition or at least huge changes
>>> Second = new features or whatnot, but not crazy big code wise
>>> Third = bugfixes

>> do

>> in

>>> functionality

>> number

>>> of

>> or

>> 1.0?

>>> --
>>> Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/ | http://www.finalgear.com/

No, they skipped it because the release date was going to be during the
Christmas period, which, combined with the fact Ryan Boren had some sort
of illness, would have meant that they wouldn't be able to fit
everything they wanted to in.
Also, they knew that the admin panel redesign couldn't be finished in
time. They could have delayed the release, but this would have thrown
the rest of the release timeline out.

Thanks,
Ryan.