[wp-hackers] GSoC 2008 Proposal: Core OpenID Support

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 02:30:30 GMT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Alex Andrews <awgandrews at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd love it in core because setting it up via a plugin is in fact
>  pretty difficult thing to do. I'm pretty good, and the standard plugin
>  wouldn't work for me.

I would be surprised if the plugin suffers from architectural changes
that are fundamentally addressed by moving it to core. If there are
server configuration complications, it seems more important to spend
the energy on challenging problems like that on auomatic upgrade for
now.

Have you reported your problem on the forum through the plugins
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ page?
Thanks,
Lloyd