[wp-hackers] Turn off blog/ Pure CMS?

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 05:49:15 GMT 2008

I do this exact thing at: http://tinyurl.com/2dtqrq [1]

> Essentially, Turn off Posts and just have Pages ?

No need. You just don't use the features. If you go to the above URL,
you will find absolutely _no_ evidence that the site uses a blogging
engine, apart from the WordPress generator tag.

> I know you could easily "hide" it by setting the blog page to
> something different -- but how would we make it be "not there".

Well, you could always hack the global $menu and remove the Write Post
and Manage Posts pages from the admin. Of course, it's a little more
complicated than that, but it could be done.

Unless, of course, you're intending to strip the blogging functionality
out of WordPress entirely. Eek. I wouldn't attempt that if you paid me.

[1] Don't want to vandalise the search results. ;)