[wp-hackers] Turn off blog/ Pure CMS?

andre at pixelplexus.co.za andre at pixelplexus.co.za
Thu Feb 21 04:18:48 GMT 2008

I'd venture it's not by taking away features/functionality from it that
WordPress that it becomes a CMS. The existing data architecture of posts,
the taxonomy system, everything involved their listing, the fundamental
user experience both in terms of admin and audience is incredibly useful
in a CMS context.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/astickypostorderer/

(for what it's worth I've been exploring this with aStickyPostOrderer (my
first plugin :-)) that allows you to arrange posts in non trivial orders,
e.g make the most recent 3 posts with the tag 'events' sticky in any
listing of posts that contain it, or in this category when someone is
looking at the site show my very first post to this category that
introduces this category first, or move all posts with a given tag to the
end of the listings . Then everything else in the usual reverse
chronological order - blogging conventions aside, and given RSS and
agregators I'd guess most visitors to most front-ends of blogs are first
time visitors.)

(I'm also currently working on a plugin that uses the existing posts to
display a directory systems, easily manageable data types, specific search
prarams etc. all eventually exported to posts.