[wp-hackers] New on the list, want to clean up code...

Helgi Hrafn Gunnarsson helgi at binary.is
Wed Dec 10 14:55:00 GMT 2008

Alright, thanks for the response. I'll stick to 4.3 features then.

Are there any plans for changing that? PHP 5 not only contains things useful
for developers, but a few things that can drastically help with
optimization, most notably the __autoload() function, which can be used to
load only classes which are necessary when they are needed, as opposed to
of the page.

Furthermore and perhaps more importantly, PHP 4.x development has been
discontinued altogether. Personally, I find this to be enough of a reason to
seriously contemplate going for PHP 5.

I don't like to nag, these are just points for consideration. I do
understand the points for sticking to PHP 4.x as per the reference you gave.

Peace.
Helgi Hrafn Gunnarsson
helgi at binary.is