[wp-hackers] Clarification on Tagging Plugins

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Fri Sep 21 12:12:40 GMT 2007

I think it's safe to say that UTW is one of the most popular plugins for
serious bloggers (who aren't necessarily techy) ever (awesome job,
Christine!).

If there is a fully working UTW-importer, would it be totally out of the
question to add a UTW routine to the 2.3 upgrade code?

Something like: Check if UTW is installed. If yes, disable it and start the
UTW importer at the end of the 2.3 upgrade?

I think - so long as the UTW importer is part of the core - that shouldn't
be a problem.

Just my two cents.

-CG

On 9/21/07, Aaron Brazell <emmensetech at gmail.com> wrote:

> Agreed. I rarely try to push b5media influence on this list, but with 300
> blogs, at least 2/3 use UTW. If we can't take into account the large number
> of blogs using UTW with this upgrade, then we are likely not going to be
> able to upgrade anytime soon. The process is tedious and difficult if we are
> going to force manual intervention.
>
> In addition, can you imagine the net effect on support for "broken" blogs
> with people who do not understand their role in the smooth migration to a
> new version - where upgrade instructions at their most vicious are to delete
> everything except wp-config.php and wp-content?
> (via Blackberry)
> Aaron Brazell
> Director of Technology, b5media
> "A Global New Media Company"