[wp-hackers] New Codex page on WordPress Optimization

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Tue Sep 4 18:16:40 GMT 2007

Callum Macdonald wrote:
> I've been doing some research on WordPress optimisation and I whipped up
> a new page on the Codex:
> http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Optimization

I would suggest going from biggest impact to smallest impact. Start with
WP-Cache, get down to multiplier tweaks like a PHP accelerator and minor
server stuff (query_cache), and end with front-end optimization, with a
link to resources like:

http://developer.yahoo.com/performance/
http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

It's probably also worth watching and linking to Barry's presentation
from WordCamp:

http://onemansblog.com/2007/08/16/wordcamp-2007-hyperdb-and-high-performance-wordpress/
http://barry.wordpress.com/2007/07/22/high-performance-wordpress/

Finally, Lightpress is a separate project which is mostly-not-compatible
with WordPress, I don't think it should be suggested as an optimization
technique.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com