[wp-hackers] Single sign-on with Wordpress & Mediawiki

Stephane Daury wordpress at tekartist.org
Fri Oct 26 15:05:13 GMT 2007

On Oct 26, 2007, at 10:25, Computer Guru wrote:

> On 10/26/07, Stephane Daury <wordpress at tekartist.org> wrote:
>>

>> Depending on the type of community you are serving, you could also
>> consider doing it *the right way* and use OpenID or LDAP, which both
>> projects support with the appropriate plugins.
>>
>> That's only really viable if you have a closed community, not the
>> general public, but I thought I'd mention it.
>>

> How is that? I know some huge (top 50) sites that run their entire
> database
> under an LDAP implementation, open to the public...

That's very cool to know actually.

I was just putting the reserve because it might have been seen as too
elaborate of a solution for a small to medium site, since it would
also then involve having to setup an integrated registration
solution. Not impossible by any means, but I'm just not aware of
anything automated.

S.