[wp-hackers] 2.4 Feature Proposal: New general meta-data table

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Fri Oct 5 14:55:24 GMT 2007

If this will eliminate goofy things such as the table_prefix being
embedded in various  fieldnames, I'm all for it!  :)

Kidding aside, I think this is a good idea.  I also kind of like
Jared's idea of a table for the meta data itself, and a separate
table linking it to the various objects.  It's worth consideration,
at the least.  I think it might lead to some interesting and
unanticipated flexibility.

At first blush I was hesitant at the concept of this also including
the Options, but... (as Otto points out) so long as this is
abstracted behind the add and update options functions, it shouldn't
be a big problem for plugin designers.

Stephen