[wp-hackers] Re: SOAP Interface and moving to php 5

Peter Gordon Peter.Gordon at topproducer.com
Fri May 18 18:08:56 GMT 2007

I had made a fairly strong post on this topic earlier. I am really
suggesting just dropping hints to the community that php5 is the way to
go, and wordpress is going to go that way eventually. Besides, as
Charles points out, WP can have a dead branch to support php4 in the
future for all those content to use the obsolete release, just like the
php community does. No doubt wp will be supporting php4 for a long time
to come. Suggesting now that we want to start embracing the love and
goodness of php5 is just progress. The php development community would
consider it a validation of their efforts.
Once developers get into making the changes to do stuff on php5, they
will find that its not that big of a deal, and besides there are
benefits.

Just keep dropping hints about it. This issue is not going to go away.

Cheers,
PG