[wp-hackers] Playing with Divs through Javascript

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Sun Mar 11 13:34:09 GMT 2007

sai krishna wrote:
> Hi,
>   I do not know this is the right place to put this question or not.
>
>   Question:
>   Does wordpress allow use of javascript for plugin authors from other services, I mean like adding a remote javascript file from a different server to that of wordpress server. I did something like that. The div object returned is totally misplaced it goes to north-west of the browser, though I followed complete plugin Api rules.

I'm not sure I fully understand the question.

Posting a link to the plugin code may help make it clearer.

>   These are the rules I followed
>
>   function seed_adminmenu(){
>         add_options_page('To Options', 'Test', 10, 'test', add_mu');
>         }
> }
>   add_action('admin_menu','seed_adminmenu',10);

> if (isset($_GET['activate']) && $_GET['activate'] == 'true')
>  {
>    add_action('init', 'truth');
>  }

I assume you are only want to do this on plugin activation?  If so don't
do this - use the plugin activation hook instead:
See register_activation_hook($file, $function) and
http://wphooks.flatearth.org/hooks/activate_plugin-filename/

westi
--
Peter Westwood