[wp-hackers] Hooks for adding permanent inputs for custom feilds

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Wed Jun 13 13:56:58 GMT 2007

R.J. Kaplan wrote:
> Wow, that's cool. Any idea how I can collect the data from the form
> elements I add?

You are going to need to use the save_post hook to read the data from
the form sections your dbx_post_advanced hook added. Be careful
though, because save_post runs at other times as well, so you will
need to use "nonces" to verify the save came from your edit screen
section.

I'd suggest reading the code for existing plugins that add custom
sections to the post edit screen -- geographical plugins are a good
example. If they're GPL'd and your plugin is too, you can borrow their
code. :)

     --Jennifer