[wp-hackers] Hooks for adding permanent inputs for custom feilds

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Wed Jun 13 13:54:41 GMT 2007

R.J. Kaplan wrote:
> I searched wphooks.flatearth.org and I can't see any hooks for the
> admin write and edit page, so I'm assuming they don't exist.
> I'd like to suggest adding such hooks. I create themes for clients,
> and some of theme rely on custom fields for things like images an
> other associated data. It's sometimes hard for people who are less
> computer-savvy to deal with custom fields, so it would be great if
> developers of themes and plugins can automatically add inputs for
> custom fields required by that theme or plugin.
> Also, if someone has any idea of how I can achieve this, I'd be very
> thankful.

You might want to take a look at this:

  http://rhymedcode.net/projects/custom-field-gui/

Check out the info on Custom Field GUI and also for Custom Write Panel.
Those appear to do the kind of thing you're wanting (make a
pre-configured interface for custom fields, instead of the generic
free-form interface).

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/